Sunday, July 3, 2016

Datelines espisode "Rear Window"



Response to Datelines one sided reporting


Datelines report on the case has left me disappointed and baffled. I fail to see the point or purpose of the episode since it did not address any favorable aspects of my defense and neglected to detail any of the new evidence discovered since the trial in 2005. Specifically, the fact that Angela Corey withheld and covered up evidence of information from an original suspect; documented proof of evidence tampering and contamination; and the FBI admitting evidence was mishandled by a previously unknown lab analyst.

It seems as if Dateline hastily prepared this segment designed to validate the evidence, prosecution and conviction. I am posting a letter written to NBC universal expressing my disbelief with Dateline’s unfair reporting and will update everyone if they provide a response.  

Very disturbing is the fact that my interview was edited in such a way as to mischaracterize the evidence and purposely excludes my explanation to the most important areas of the case. I feel that people deserve the full story and I call on Dateline to release my entire interview on its website.
Anyone familiar with the case and who has read this blog likely noticed that Datelines report is far from an accurate portrayal of the facts. I urge anyone unfamiliar with the case to read the entire blogs previous posts and download the available documents, then compare what you read to Datelines episode. The deficiencies are obvious. 

Hopefully Dateline lives up to its reputation as a balanced news program and reevaluates its inaccurate portrayal of the case to rely on more than simply the unsubstantiated word of Angela Corey and Detective Billy Carlyle. Until then I will continue to offer and rely on proof of my allegations. I feel compelled to devote the next few posts responding to areas of the Dateline show that were inaccurate, misleading and missing.