Monday, May 30, 2016

Downloadable Documents; Zippo Lighter and Blue Shirt; read 4th (last post)



Police Coercion, Manipulation Result in Witness Falsely Attributing Evidence to Defendant…..


Law enforcement officials routinely use coercive and manipulative tactics to secure witness testimony which attributes physical evidence to a Defendant even when they know the witness is lying. In this case that witness is Heather Champion, my former girlfriend who falsely claims a Zippo Lighter and Blue shirt found in and outside of the crime scene belonged to me. Here are the facts surrounding her unbelievable testimony.

1.      A gold tone zippo lighter was found on the floor next to the bed Corey Parker was discovered on.

2.      On the lighter was an engraved emblem with the acronym “NACTA” which stands for National Air Traffic Association.

3.       In 1994 Zippo manufactured 50 of these lighters of which most were distributed in the Washington DC area and 6 sent to Houston Texas.


4.       A blue shirt found wet and hanging in a tree above a dumpster was collected the day police discovered the scene.

5.       Over six years after Parkers murder and four years after my arrest Detective Billy Carlyle tracked down my former girlfriend, Heather Champion, who had turned criminal with warrants out for her arrest.

6.       Detective Billy Carlyle informed Heather Champion that he was not interested in her warrants as long as she would cooperate against me. She was eager to assist Detective Billy Carlyle. Exhibits out of lettering order from this point on.


7.       Heather Champion was shown pictures of the zippo lighter and blue shirt, then stated they both belonged to me.

8.       At trial Heather Champion gave many stories and vacillated greatly as to when she claims to have seen me with the lighter and / or wearing the shirt. Specifically, she stated at one point that she saw me with both as late as January 1999 when I left Florida to return to Texas several months after Corey Parkers homicide. In addition, Heather Champion is the only person claiming these items belong to me.


9.       There is absolutely no evidence linking me to the zippo lighter other than heather Champions claim. The lighter was tested for DNA with no results. A partial finger print was found on it that was of no value for comparison purposes. However, “unofficially” my attorney was told I was excluded.

10.   There is absolutely no evidence linking me to the blue shirt. In fact, there is no evidence linking the shirt to the murder. No blood was found on it. Fibers from the shirt did not match fibers from the scene.

11.   The collar and armpit areas of the blue shirt were tested for DNA by FDLE analyst Maria Puro with no results. Also 3 hairs from the shirt were tested by Labcorp, none of which match me and all came from different people.


Although it seems obvious that Heather Champion was lying due to Detective Billy Carlyles’ manipulation; the zippo and blue shirt was difficult to overcome at trial. The prosecution did not hesitate to use false testimony and made it a feature of the trial which contributed to my wrongful conviction.